Contact Us

Want to send us a message? Use the form on the right or email direct to 

Greg@barnbeautiful.com

 

121 Duvall Drive
Stockbridge, GA, 30281
United States

404.386.5131

Handcrafted furnishings

Gunn Outhouse

Gunn Outhouse

Gunn Out-House - GUNOH

The story of the Gunn property started in 1908 when W.F. Wilhoit sold 160 acres to T.S. Locket, who married Oliver Wilhoit's sister.  The land was originally Oliver L Wilhoit's old homeplace but became known as Harrison Reese Place after T.S. Locket sold 185 acres to Mary E. Reese in 1914 for $1895.62.

In 1918 Mary E. Reese sold 118 acres to James J. Gunn for approximately $9500.

Mr. Gunn then began farming and grew mostly cotton on the land as well as corn for the horses and mules.

The homestead consisted of a two story home, Smokehouse, Cooks House, Washhouse, Wood shed, Chicken Coop, Everyday Car Garage, Sunday Car Garage, Gear House, Mule Barn, Corn Crib, Cotton Crib, Out-house and Buggy House. 

Dismantle completed:  September 2011 

Items made from this barn:

GUNOH0001-  dbl frame for 20 x 24 print - whtd outer/whtd inner

GUNOH0002-  dbl frame for 20 x 24 print - whtd outer/whtd inner

GUNOH0003-  dbl edge frame for 8x10 - wthd outer/mossy pine inner

GUNOH0004-  Weathered "Vase" holding glass vase 10"tall x 7" wide

GUNOH0005-  Weathered "Vase" holding glass vase 10"tall x 7" wide

GUNOH0006-  Weathered "Vase" holding glass vase 10"tall x 7" wide

GUNOH0007-  Weathered "Vase" holding glass vase 10"tall x 7" wide